Saturday, September 4, 2010

Banning the Biggies

Hum-Pakistan
The recent ban on Indian channels by Supreme court of Pakistan did sent a wave of discontent among millions of viewers of glitzy style and frustrating fictions. Though this didn't bothered me at all, as I think these channels never had anything to offer in the first place but some people have totally different point of view.

For some, the only source of entertainment has been taken away. Now how would they come to know about the latest fashion, expensive designer dresses and expert makeup that was usually flaunted by the daughter in law of the "middle class" household in Indian soaps. The decision is considered as unfair by those fashion designers and shopkeepers who sell their products using the "iconic" ladies of the soaps.

With this ban on Indian entertainment channels, my cousin has totally lost the grounds to base her arguments on and her source of inferring the lessons for life. This decision wil incur devastating results for all of them but some people are happy. They see this as an opportunity for national entertainment to carve a niche.

There are so many deliberations around this ban but I think freedom of information is everyone's right, which should not be taken away.

Tum - India


.


If this is what Pakistan is watching after a ban on our channels? - on humanitarian ground I want the ban to be evoked.

Art wins heart – I think that’s what they fear. We love Pakistani artists in India; they are fab (though even we have some ass-holes condemning these fine artisans).

Banning the bollywood simply means more business to their fav mamu jaan (Dawood) - a rise in pirated dvd/cd market. Anyway with the huge Indian population, I don't think anyone in India is crying over the ban in Pak.

No comments:

Post a Comment